SMCA Academic Admission Policies*
SMCA may admit any youth who has the potential to advance through our educational programs and attain a high school degree.
As an extension of the community, SMCA demands that the conduct of its members, staff and students mirror the moral and ethical fabric of its underlying Christian principles. Conduct detrimental to moral and ethical standards is grounds for refusing admission and for expulsion from school for any enrolled student.
SMCA admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin with all its rights, privileges and programs, and activities generally accorded and made available to students at the school. Furthermore, SMCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, athletic programs, and other school administration.
- Students seeking admission to SMCA must request and complete an application for admission packet from the school office [or pdf forms below].
- The headmaster may admit students pending final approval of their application for admission by the Admission Committee.
- Upon successful completion of all forms and procedures contained in the application for admission packet, the headmaster shall set up an appointment with the prospective student and his/her parent(s) or guardian(s).
- No student shall be admitted who is not in good standing with the last three schools attended or who has disciplinary action pending by any authorized law enforcement agency. Also, students with communicable diseases may be denied admission to SMCA. Students may be required to submit tests to determine if they have or are carriers of communicable diseases. Students may be required to submit tests to determine if they have used or are using controlled substances.
- The pre-kindergarten (K-3) class is open to children whose third birthday is before September 1st and who are potty trained. If a child has more than three accidents in a week, he/she will be considered to be not ready for K-3. K-3 students should make application through the office and schedule an interview with the K-3 teacher. This interview is designed to assess the child's readiness to participate in the K-3 program. Interviewed children may be denied admission, admitted on a probationary basis, invited to reapply for the second semester, or granted full admission.
- Prospective kindergarten students must be five (5) years old before September 1st.
- Prospective first grade students must be six (6) years old before September 1st and may be admitted to the first grade on a six week trial basis. If the prospective student is able to blend with the other first graders and perform curricular requirements, he/she will be allowed to continue.
- SMCA reserves the right to require any tests or evaluations deemed necessary in order to determine the prospective student's ability level or suitability as a student at SMCA. SMCA reserves the right to place students in grade levels and/or specific classes as appropriate. Furthermore, SMCA reserves the right to deny or release any student who may be causing SMCA to lower the quality of education for other students.
- The SMCA curriculum is not designed to meet the needs of special education students, nor is there special staff available for individualized instruction for these students. High functioning LD students are welcome at SMCA with the understanding that arrangements and provisions of extra help is the responsibility of the parents.
* From the "SMCA Handbook".
2012-2013 School Year
SMCA offers registration fee discounts for early enrollment as follows: $75.00 until March 31, 2012, $150.00 April 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012 and after June 1, 2012 the standard $250 registration fee applies.
In addition, SMCA offers a Working Family Tuition plan that allows families to contribute 100 service hours at the school or certain school events for in exchange for a substantial discount. Please see the following Tuition Schedule for more information:
2012-2013 Application Packet:
Application for new students
Student Registration Card